Welcome to the Wanniassa School Website
Wanniassa School has built a reputation for having a diverse, vibrant, energetic community by encouraging families as partners in learning.
We are proud to recommend our school as a place where all students are able to learn and play within a happy, safe and caring environment, from Preschool to Year 10. The individual care and attention that we give our students in the vital formative years is the key to the growing success of our school.
The campuses are separated by a short walk through a beautiful stand of gum trees and cross campus learning opportunities are proactively explored.
Wanniassa P-10 Prospectus
- Prospectus P-10 Word PDF
- Preschool Prospectus Word PDF
- Junior Campus K-6 Prospectus Word PDF
- Senior Campus 7-10 Prospectus Word PDF
Penguins Dolphins Turtles (Koori Preschool)
Kindergarten to Year 6
Years 7 to 10
Wanniassa International Studies and Examinations Program
From 2020 all incoming Year 7 students will study the Cambridge International curriculum in the following subjects:
- Global Perspectives
All students will still be able to complete non-Cambridge electives.
The WISE Program is targeted towards preparing students who intend to sit one or more IGCSE papers in 2023 (Year 10). These classes are specifically designed to extend students in the subject areas mentioned above.
Entry to the WISE Program is through application only as the program is intended only for students who can demonstrate a strong commitment to their academic studies. Students can apply to enter the program for one or more than one subject. WISE classes will be taught by trained Cambridge Education teachers.
Applications close on Friday 27th September 2019 (last day of term 3). Applications can be submitted:
via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
via post: Wanniassa School Senior Campus, Wheeler Crescent, Wanniassa ACT 2903
in person: Front Office
If you have any questions or require any further information, please contact the Cambridge Coordinator, Ruth Edge, via email or phone: 02 61421887.
Strengths and Highlights, from Preschool to Year 10
- Literacy & Numeracy underpinned with Quality Teaching model
- STEM, including robotics, coding and design
- Humanities and Social Sciences - History, Geography, Civics and Citizenship, and Economics and Business
- The Arts - Human movement, Visual Arts, Media Arts, Drama, Story/Dance (Wakakirri)
- Health and Physical Education - Sport, Fitness, Coaching, Sporting Teams and Carnivals
- Inclusive, personalised and differentiated learning
- Trades Training - Hospitality, Woodwork, Metalwork; Work Experience
- Sustainability - Education in environment care and waste management
- Japanese Language Pathway K-10
- Learning Support Unit - Autism (Kindergarten to Year 6)
Student Engagement and Wellbeing
- Positive Behaviours for Learning School
- P-10 Values Program and student leadership opportunities
- Social and Emotional Learning Curriculum and Restorative Practices
- Inclusive support for students with disability (Integrated Learning Support Unit and Learning Support Centre in mainstream classes)