A-Z Parent Information
The school operates a second hand uniform pool at the school. To contact the volunteers who staff the uniform shop, please leave your details at the Front Office.
Uniform and Dress Code
The ACT Government has recently introduced the Dress Standards and Colour Codes in Public Schools Policy.
This policy states that “Each ACT Public School in conjunction with their school board will develop and implement a school Dress Standard and Colour Code policy. Schools will expect students to abide by a dress standard while attending school or official school activities. This dress standard may include colour code or school uniform.”
The wearing of school uniform contributes to the safe and welcoming environment at Wanniassa School. Our school uniform:
• provides easy identification of Wanniassa students on the playground areas and on excursions
• is cost effective for parents
• reduces peer pressure on students to wear expensive fashion clothing to school
After consultation with the school board and P & C, students at Wanniassa School are now expected to wear uniform or colour code (see pictures below). The requirements for these are outlined below.
• Navy blue shorts or skirts (appropriate length)
• Navy pants or tracksuits
• Sky blue skivvy or polo shirt,
• Navy jumpers and jackets
• Summer dress – navy/sky blue check with yellow pin stripe
• Navy wide-brimmed or bucket hat
• Year 6 special t-shirts and black pants/shorts
• No thongs or dangerous footwear, dangly jewelry, nail polish or
• Sunscreen should be clear.
Clothing in sky or navy blue– plain colours
Students not in school uniform
• Where there is persistent non-compliance with the policy, parents will be asked to discuss the issue with the principal
• Where parents have financial difficulty they are asked to discuss the issue with the principal.
For more information visit Dress Standards and Colour Codes in Public Schools