Toys stay at home as at preschool the children play with and share the preschool equipment.
Your child is a member of the Wanniassa school community. By enrolling your child into Wanniassa preschool unit your child will automatically move on kindergarten in our school. As with all transitions the staff will ensure that the move from preschool to kindergarten is successful. To do this we have implemented a transition program for our preschool children. This involves:
• Regular visits to the school library throughout the year
• Teachers from the Junior Campus visiting Rainbow Unit and working with the children on a regular basis
• Participation in special activities such as the athletics carnival and the Book Week assembly
• The Buddy program with year 5 students. Year 5 students come and help their buddies with activities once a fortnight during terms 3 and 4
• Visits to Red Unit (Kindergarten classroom) during term 4
• A recess visit to the canteen and a lunch order day during term 4
If your child is attending a school other than Wanniassa School it is your responsibility to organise enrolment and transition visits.
For more information about this topic please follow the link to this website for some handy hints: Starting school - a guide for parents