A-Z Parent Information
If a student requires medication during school hours send a signed written consent letter explaining dosages and time required to the front office. Students are required to bring all medications to the front office at the beginning of the school day and to collect the medication at the end of the school day. If a student requires paracetamol to be taken at school, a phone call will be made to acquire consent.
Wanniassa School recognises that there are times when it is genuinely appropriate and beneficial for students to have access to a mobile phone. Students may, for example, need to contact parents in emergencies or to confirm or change a collection time after school.
However except in times of genuine emergency, mobile phone use is restricted.
The following rules apply to mobile phones and electronic devices:
- Mobile phones and other electronic devices should not be used in any manner or place that is disruptive to the normal routine of a school.
- Students should have their mobile phones and other electronic devices switched off and out of sight during classes.
- Students should only use their mobile phones and other electronic devices before or after school, or during recess and lunch breaks.
- Mobile phones and other electronic devices are not to be used or switched on inside toilets and change rooms.
- Mobile phones and other electronic devices are used at their owners’ risk. No liability will be accepted by the school in the event of the loss, theft or damage of any device.